Thank you for stopping by! This is my English Internet website that I have to introduce you to my services that centre around dog behaviour, counselling and training and the coaching of dog owners, aiming at the provision of useful knowledge and skills that have the power to enrich the life of both the dog and the owner.
As a little help in navigating through this website serve the links below; enjoy exploring this website
For your dog to perform well and adapt to your lifestyle, you need to set him up for success, which basically means to provide him with necessary antecedents; these are the things that happen before a particular behaviour occurs, reaching more or less back into the past, ie from seconds to weeks, even to years. There are things that make the behaviour of your dreams more likely, circumstances that make the behaviour of your desire less likely and there are expectations we have that are unrealistic to dogs. So the first advice to give away is to be realistic about what you expect of your dog and enhance your dog's world such he or she can perform well: that is ...
- Spend time with your dog actively as well as passively, ie by
- being around your dog
- observing your dog
- getting dog-literate (that is learn your dog's language)
- grooming, walking, playing, other social activities
- Provide your dog with an environment that fulfills your dog's mental and behavioural needs to keep him behaviourally and mentally healthy; main pillars upon which mental and behavioural health rely are ...
- Also, every dog has inelastic behaviours that can't just be thrown into the long grass or put on spike altogether; bear this in your mind. Every dog has to have at least ..
- enough, healthy sleep
- ready water and tasty, nutritious food
- possibility to toilet
- opportunities to spend time with his family and mates
- Conclusion: Provide your dog always with these. Only a behaviourally and mentally healthy and well-balanced dog can perform well! If you find something to be made better, start doing it right away!
Regardless how happy we are to share our lives with dogs, it can happen that we wish a specific behaviour of our dogs not to occur; and there is the fact that dogs don't arrive at our homes with built-in good manners, so it's us to teach our dogs the rules that apply in our house in order to make life enjoyable and of high quality for all mates in the house.
That's where my services come in!
Appointments may take place at your home or in a park depending on your needs - I cover the Prignitz region; Appointments may also be done remotely via telephone or similar online tools on request. I'm available for follow-up advice and to stay in touch with you to ensure your project is progressing
Are you having problems with living with your dog? Consult with me on
- your dog's behaviour
- dog keeping in general
- how to engange your dog in fun activities
- how to exercise your dog mentally and physically
- .. and more
Please be aware that some issues may take longer to tackle than one session allows to and that some expectations we have of our dogs cannot be fulfilled by them - see the welfare section earlier.
Are you wishing to implement changes in your dog's behaviour, or are you seeking ways to exercice and engage your dog? Hire me for your training projects with your dog, such as
- loose-leash walking
- good manners, like keeping all 4 paws on the floor
- scent work, nose related activities
- muzzle accustoming
- husbandry and vet visits
- positive psychology for dogs
- empowerment for your dog
- .. and more
As I have to pursue ongoing learning to keep up with the growing knockledge in the industry and to keep my permission form the local veterinary office, I have to charge money. So I must ask for your understanding in paying for my services.
- each counselling session goes an hour, including preparation and summary afterwards, and is at €122,5
- follow ups are at €70
- training sessions are half an hour and are charged at €35
- rides are charged at €3.2 per double-kilometre, including travel time
In 2006, I graduated from CertoDog dog trainer academy with a certificate in dog training. I went on to ATN academy for a course in animal psychology and behaviour in 2007 to enroll further on a course on dog behaviour and psychology, which I completed, in 2009, with a diploma in dog behaviour and psychology and a certificate as pet dog behaviour counsultant. In 2015, I got registered with the local veterinary office of the district of Soest, following an amendment of the animal welfare act requiring anyone who wishes to guide dog owners for money in terms of training and behaviour services; also, I earned a verified certificate in animal behaviour and welfare by the university of Edinburgh, upon accomplishing a MOOC-course.
I'm located in the district of Prignitz; if you want to inquire or avail any of my services, see the contact details below
- Telephone office hours Mo through Fr, 1100-1600 clock
- 0176 6911 6326
- Email availaible 24 hours, 7 day
Local veterinary office responsible for registration and permission of dog trainers that are established in the district of Prignitz is in the county seat Perleberg.
I strive to be as economical in asking you for personal data as possible. That means I only ask for details I need to do my job, that is it is case related. Details I may have from you are from the following situations
- when you write or call me, I might likely have your email address or phone number
- when you ask me for help, I need details that allow me to help you, like your dog's name, the problem you have, the dog's history, and the like
By booking services as well as contacting me, you understand and agree that I store data and details from you to fulfill the service and to get in touch with you in the context of the service; you may ask about the necessity of asking you for details at any time. Please be aware that legal situations that are out of my control might arise in which I'm forced to cooperate with officials or courts - if that happens, I'll do my best to deliver the least possible.
The only cookies that are set are to enable a safe connection between my website and your browser, which is displayed as SSL secure connection. Apart of these cookies, I haven't set any others; it's possible, though, that the server is collecting anonymous data for statistical reasons, or that your browser is accumulating data while you're surfing through the Internet - which I have no control of.
You may ask me at any time to delete all the data I have collected about you up to that time; please be aware that it would remove details about you in a way I couldn't do my job anylonger; you might as well contact with the data protection official in charge of your area in Germany
If I haven't covered a section that you wish more details of, don't hesitate to contact me - details are published in the contact section.